Breaking News



Saturday, February 15, 2014

Extremely Useful F1 Visa Interview Questions and Answers!

Visa interview is a face-to-face interaction between two individuals. No matter the level of financial security and educational background backs up for you, preparation is a must. Know the program and how it fits you – The more you know about your program, the more focused your answers will be. You should be able to prove yourself that you have enough skills, background, and ability to advance your studies or work in the United States. Successful visa interviews are not just based on documentation and background.
Personality, enthusiasm, confidence, positive outlook, appearance, and clear communication count heavily in a visa interview. We want to fill you with extremely helpful visa interview questions you might encounter and effective ways to answer. Let’s get started!
Q: Why did you choose to study in US? / Why you want to pursue your degree from US?
A: Academic experience from a US university is highly valued around the world. Also, US universities offer excellent research opportunities through many assistant-ship  programs. On top of that, having global exposure tremendously helps to advance my career.
Q: What do you know about American universities? / Why study in US, why not UK or Canada?
A: American universities are well known for their quality of education and research opportunities. Their programs are well designed with equal importance on theoretical knowledge along with strong practical skills.
Q: What will be your specialization in MS? / What will be your major in MS?
A: Answer appropriately (eg: I will be majoring in Computer Science)
Q: What are your plans after graduation?
A: Answer appropriately (eg: I will return back to India and would like to work as Software Developer)
Q: Are you sure you will be coming back to India after studies? / Will you be coming back to India after graduation?
A: Yes! India has great opportunities in the field of my study. The advance degree I will be pursuing from US will be a great asset in advancing my career here in India.
Q: Have you been to the States before? / Have you ever been outside India?
A: No! I have never been outside India.
Q: Can I see your Bachelor’s diploma?
A: Sure! (Hand him the diploma)
Q: What was your major in undergrad? / What was your concentration in Bachelor’s?
A: Answer appropriately (eg: I did Bachelor’s in computer science)
Q: When and from which university did you graduate?
A: I graduated in XXXX(year) from XXX university
Q: Can I see your marksheets/transcripts?
A: Sure! (Give office your transcripts/marksheets)
Q: Do you have your GRE/TOEFL/IELTS/GMAT score reports?
A: Yes! (Provide the originals)
Q: What all universities did you apply?
A: Answer appropriately (eg: I applied to 3 universities)
Q: Which universities did you get admission?
A: Answer appropriately (eg: I got admission from all 3 universities)
Q: Which university are going to?
A: Answer appropriately
Q: Did you get any scholarship?
A: Answer accordingly (eg: Yes! I was awarded XXXX dollars scholarship)
Q: Can you tell me some good things about this university?
A: I have interacted with few current students who are pursuing their Masters at this University. They  advised it’s one of the Universities that offers great research opportunities in the field I will be studying and on top of that, it has outstanding faculty.
Q: Did you contact any professors from that university?
A: Yes! I did speak with couple professors. I inquire about their course curriculum
Q: Do you happen to remember those professors names?
A: Name couple professors
Q: Do you happen to know about the city you will be going?
A: Know about the place (e.g: I heard Houston weather is very much similar to Indian weather. So that definitely helps me to get adjusted to it pretty quickly).
Q: Do you have family in the US?
A: I do not have any family
Q: Do you have friends in US?
A: Yes! I do have couple friends
Q: What is your father?
A: Answer appropriately
Q: Do you have siblings?
A: Answer appropriately
Q: Who is sponsoring your studies?
A: Answer appropriately (eg: My father is sponsoring my education)
Q: What is your father’s income?
A: Answer appropriately
Q: Can I see tax returns?
A: Sure! (provide the documents)
Q: Can I see Bank Statements/Passbook?
A: Sure (provide the documents)
Q: Did you take any loans?
A: Answer appropriately (If yes, give the officer your loan approval letter)
Q: Where do your parents live?
A: Answer appropriately
Additional questions for those who are currently working and going for MS in US
Q: Who is your currently employer?
A: I am currently working for ABC company.
Q: What is your role and responsibilities?
A: I work as a System Analyst. I design, develop, and test applications for the clients (Answer appropriately)
Q: Since how long you have been working for this company?
A: I have been working here for X years
Q: How much is your salary?
A: Answer appropriately
Q: How big is this company? (Number of employees)
A: It has about XXX employees
Q: Well, your current employers sounds strongly established, why do you want to leave?
A: In this highly competitive world, having global exposure through abroad studies is important in advancing my career and it also, enhances my ability to work with different cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot