Breaking News



Sunday, February 16, 2014

Extremely Helpful H1B Visa Interview Questions and Answers

General
Q: Good morning. How are you doing today?
A: Good morning. I am doing pretty good, how are you?
Q: Can I see your Labor Condition Application (LCA)? / Can I see your H1B approval document (I-797)? / Can I see your Non-immigration petition application (I-129)?
A: Sure (Hand the officer the document he asks)
Q: Can I see your passport?
A: Hand the officer your valid passport (Make sure you have at least 6 months validity)
Q: Do you have any old passports?
A: Provide old passports if you have any
Education
Q: What is your qualification? / What was your major?
A: Answer appropriately (eg: Master’s in Computer Science)
Q: Did you graduate from US?
A: Yes! I graduated from ABC university based in XXX (City, State)
Q: Can I see your degree diploma?
A: Sure! (Pass the diploma)
Q: Since how long you have been in the US?
A: I have been there for X years
Q: Where do you currently live in the US?
A: I live in City, State
Q: Do you have plans to come back to India?
A: Yes! This is a just a temporary assignment for about 3 years, I will be coming back to India once the project is done.
Employer Questions
Q: Who is your employer?
A: XXX company
Q: Since how long you have been working for this employer?
A: I have been working for X years
Q: Can I see an offer letter?
A: Sure (give the officer your offer letter from the employer)
Q: What kind of projects does your employer works on?
A: Answer appropriately (Check your employer website)
Q: Who are the clients he works for?
A: Name few clients
Q: How many employees are working for your employer?
A: There are currently about X employees
Q: What is the annual turnover?
A: Answer appropriately (Check with your employer)
Q: What is your salary?
A: $XXXXXX per year
Q: Do you have any employer documents?
A: Yes! (Give him the documents your employer provided)
Q: How do you come across this employer?
A: Answer appropriately (eg: I have applied for their online listed position that exactly fits my skills)
Q: Have you verified if this is a credible company?
A: Yes! I checked the track record of this company; it is well established company from the past XX years. They    have applied Hundreds of H1s to their employees.
Q: Since how you long does this company have been operating?
A: From the past X years, started in XXXX(year).
Q: What are the qualifications for the job?
A: It requires minimum Bachelor’s in the related field
Q: Who is the CEO for the company?
A: Name the CEO of your company
Q: Can I see your pay stubs from your current employer?
A: Yes! (Provide last 3 months pay stubs)
Q: Do you have W2 form from this employer?
A: Yes! (Pass the W2 form)
Q: Can you show me your bank statements?
A: Sure! (Show the statements that have your pay deposits)
Client Questions
Q: Who is the client you are working for? / What do they do?
A: I am currently working for XYZ based out in XXX (City, State) / Explain about the client
Q: Are you working on-site at the client location?
A: Yes! I work at the client location.
Q: Where is the client located?
A: It is based out in XXX (City, State)
Q: Since how long you been working with this client?
A: I have been working for X years/months
Q: What is your role and responsibilities?
A: I work as a System Analyst / I am involved in designing, developing, testing applications… (Answer appropriately)
Q: Who do you report to?
A: I report to my supervisor (Tell the name and if possible also provide your supervisor’s business card)
Q: Do you have the client letter?
A: Sure! I do! (Give the letter to the officer)
Q: Do you any vendors/layers in between?
A: Answer appropriately
Q: Can you show me the vendor letter?
A: Sure! (If you have any)
Q: Do you have photographs of the client location where you are working?
A: Try to carry company location photos (Building, logo, lobby, cubical etc) and also we recommend you to carry copies of the companies website’s screenshots.
Q: What made you to choose to work in USA?
A: Having global exposure tremendously helps to broaden my skills and enhances my ability to work across cultures. So I believe this opportunity will definitely helps to advance my career.

1 comment:

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot