Breaking News



Sunday, February 16, 2014

H1B Interview Questions and Answers (Candidate outside US)


General
Q: Good morning. How are you doing today?
A: Good morning. I am doing pretty good, how are you?
Q: On what purpose are you going to the States?
A: I got a job offer from ABC company based in XXX (City, State).
Q: What made you to choose to work in USA?
A: Having global exposure tremendously helps to broaden my skills and enhances my ability to work across cultures. So I believe this opportunity will definitely helps to advance my career.
Q: Do you have any plans to come back to India?
A: Yes! This is a just a temporary assignment for about 3 years, I will be coming back to India once the project is done.
Q: Why would you want to come back?
A:  I would need to take care of my elderly parents and also would need to look after my properties.
Q: What will be your plans after coming back to India?
A: I will continue to work in the software field while taking care of my parents and properties.
Q: Have you ever been to the U.S.?
A: No This will be my first time.
Q: Have you ever applied to any US visa before?
A: No, this is my first time
Q: Do you have family in USA?
A: No. I do not have any family members
Q: Do you have any friends in USA?
A: Yes! I have couple friends who work in the same field
Q: Did you ever traveled any other country?
A: No. I have never traveled outside India before.
Q: How will you survive your first month in the States before your first paycheck?
A: My employer is taking care of the accommodation and food for the first month and also have my own emergency fund.
Education
Q: What are your qualifications?
A: Answer appropriately (eg: Bachelor’s in Computer Science)
Q: Can I see your Bachelor’s diploma?
A: Sure! (Pass your diploma)
Q: When and from which university did you graduate?
A: I graduated in XXXX(year) from XXX university
Sponsoring Employer
Q: Can I see the offer letter?
A: Sure (Give the officer your employment offer letter)
Q: What do you know about this company?
A: Know about your sponsoring company (Visit their website)
Q: How do you come across this company?
A: You can answer this in several different ways, for example:
I attended a career fair here in Hyderabad earlier this year and they have requirement that exactly fits my skills set.
Q: Have you verified if this is a credible company?
Yes! I checked the track record of this company; it is well established company from the past XX years. They have applied Hundreds of H1s to their employees.
Q: How did you check track record of your  sponsoring employer?
A: Through myvisajobs.com, this website lists all the H1B filings from the past years of any company in the US.
Q: How many employees are currently working for your sponsoring employer?
A: There are currently X employees
Q: Who is the CEO for this company?
A: Name the CEO of the company
Q: Since how you long does this company have been operating?
A: From the past X years, started in XXXX year.
Q: What is their annual turnover?
A: Check with your employer
Q: Can I see the tax documents?
A: Definitely! (Hand the documents)
Q: How much they promised to pay you?
A: $xxxxxx a year
Q: Did you bear the H1 expenses?
A: No! My employer took care of all the H1 expenses
Q: Do you have photographs of the sponsoring company?
A: Try to carry company location photos (Building, logo, lobby, etc) and also we recommend you to carry copies of the companies website’s screenshots.
Client
Q: Who is the Client that you will be working for?
A: It’s XXX company
Q: Are you going to work on-site at the client’s location?
A: Yes!
Q: Where is the client located?
A: It based out in XXX (City, State)
Q: Do you have photographs of the client?
A: Try to carry client location photos (Building, logo, lobby, etc)
Q: What do you know about this place?
A: You can say something along these lines….I heard Houston weather is very much similar to Indian weather. So that definitely helps me to get adjusted to it pretty quickly.
Q: What will be your job responsibilities?
A: Answer accordingly that supports your background
eg: I will be involving in Designing and developing of UI, User Controls, and Client-Server Side Validation Controls using C# and ASP.Net.
Q: What is your role?
A: I will be working as a System Analyst
Q: Since how long you have been working in IT field?
A: I have been working in this field for over X years.
Q: How did they hire you? Any interviews conducted?
A: Yes! I had 3 rounds of interviews, 2 of which were technical rounds and the last one was HR round.
Q: Who conducted the interview? Do you happen to remember their names?
A: First 2 rounds were conducted by 2 Technical developers and a supervisor. 
Q: Can you briefly describe about the project you are assigned?
A: Answer appropriately! For example: Design and Develops integrated web applications for many different clients especially in the field of oil and gas, healthcare and public sector.
Q: Do you have the project documents?
A: Sure! (Pass the project documents to the officer)
 Current Employer
Q: Who is your currently employer?
A: I am currently working for ABC company.
Q: What is your role and responsibilities?
A: I work as a System Analyst. I design, develop, and test applications for the clients (Answer appropriately)
Q: Since how long you have been working for this company?
A: I have been working here for X years
Q: How much is your salary?
A: Answer appropriately
Q: How big is this company? (Number of employees)
A: It has about XXX employees
Q: Well, your current employers sounds strongly established, why do you want to leave?
A: In this highly competitive world, having global exposure is important in advancing my career and it also, enhances my ability to work with different cultures.
Q: Can I see the pay stubs from your current employer?
A: Sure! (Pass your pay stubs)
Q: Do you have experience letters?
A: Yes! (Hand the officer your experience letters)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot